- Time of issue:2022-03-12 20:00:42
Guide for selection of slurry pump
The slurry pumps used in mine metallurgy are mainly divided into KSH heavy duty slurry pumps, KSL type light slurry pumps, ZGB high lift slurry pumps, KSS vertical liquid pumps, KSHF foam slurry pumps, KSG (H) gravel pumps, etc.
1、 The pump type shall be selected according to the slurry transportation
1. When transporting abrasive slurry, according to the median particle size and volume concentration of slurry, the abrasivity of slurry can be classified according to the following table. KSL slurry pump can be selected for transporting medium and light abrasive slurry; KSH or ZGB slurry pump can be selected for heavy abrasive slurry, and KSH slurry pump can be selected for heavy abrasive slurry;
2, when the slurry contains foam, the KSHF type slurry pump should be selected. The foam content should be considered when calculating the flow rate, and the low rotation speed should be selected as far as possible to ensure good inhalation performance.
3. KSG gravel pump or ksgh high lift gravel pump can be selected when there are large solids in the conveying slurry. The number of blades of the gravel pump is small, the passing capacity is strong, it is not easy to be blocked, and the cavitation performance is good.
2、 Select the pump type according to the structure of slurry pump
1. KSL and KSH slurry pumps are of double-layer shell structure, the inner flow passage parts are replaceable high chromium wear-resistant metal or wear-resistant rubber, and the outer pressure bearing parts are high-strength cast iron;
2. ZGB slurry pump is a double-layer shell structure, the inner flow passage parts are replaceable high chromium wear-resistant metal, and the outer pressure bearing parts are high-strength cast iron; ZGB and KSH slurry pumps can be used in series to obtain higher head;
3. KSG (H) gravel pump is a single-layer shell structure, and the flow passage parts contacting the slurry are made of high chromium wear-resistant metal;
4. KSS submerged pump is a single-layer shell structure, and the parts contacting the slurry can be made of metal or rubber;
5. The rubber material is suitable for the working condition that the diameter of solids in the slurry is less than 3mm and there are no sharp edges and corners.
3、 Select the pump type according to the installation mode
1. Most of the slurry pumps are Horizontal single-stage cantilever structure. The pump cavity must be filled with liquid before starting the pump. When the installation position of the horizontal slurry pump is higher than the inlet liquid level, the pump must be filled before starting;
2. When vertical installation is required, KSS submerged pump can be selected. The pump is directly installed above the water inlet tank, and the impeller is below the liquid level. There is no need to fill the pump before startup, which is convenient for installation and maintenance;
4、 Select the connection mode of prime mover
1. ZGB slurry pump is suitable for slurry pump and driving motor. The coupling direct transmission mode is adopted. Its impeller diameter can be properly cut to apply to a wider range of performance, and variable frequency motor can also be used to adjust the speed to change the performance;
2. Other types of slurry pump and drive motor can be driven directly by coupling, or by sheave and belt. The motor position can be above, left or right of the pump, and the speed can be changed through different sheave ratio;
3. The speed of large-diameter slurry pump is generally low. A reducer can be configured between the motor and the pump to adjust the speed of the pump through the transmission ratio of the reducer.